First, I would like to give you some differences between customer success and customer support:
- Customer support is reactive, customer success is proactive.
- Customer support is transactional, but customer success has no endpoint.
- Companies are more successful when they have a customer success department
If your business needs to scale your Customer Success, take a look at the steps I would recommend to implement:
1) Create your customer Journey Map
First, you’ll need to know all the steps that your customers will follow 🤔.
Depending on your business model, you’ll have different steps but these stages could be helpful to design your Customer Journey Map (Awareness, consideration, acquisition, onboarding, and advocacy)
If you need a template to design your Customer Journey, just click HERE
2) The customer success starts before the acquisition
Before the acquisition, you should have identified your users.
Why? Because if you know what were they looking for, you will be able to offer what they need once inside your platform 🙌.
For example, if you sign up now to Froged I’ll know that you are interested in customer success
3) Create an amazing onboarding
In the Customer Journey Map, you have to decide what your “Key Event” is.
The event where your users will find the value that you are offering ⚡️.
So you have to build a bridge between your customer and your key event and make the road as simple as you can.
Inside Froged, you’ll find some tools to make the onboarding pretty easy and take your customers to your key event
This is how an onboarding process looks like:
4) Create proactive messages to your customers
Once inside, you’ll have the opportunity to surprise your users with automated messages.
Depending on the page that they are seeing or the feature that they are using, you can launch an automessage to show them “How works”
5) Create relevant documents (self-service support)
The easiest way to support customers without having people behind is to create documents that help your customers.
Do you know Canva? 🤔
Of course, you do
They have over 15 million monthly active users 😲
And they can't offer live support to 15 million users…
The solution for them was easy, they have created a Knowledge base where shows the relevant content, FAQs and all the necessary to offer a self-support service.
6) Offer stunning support
If you’re growing fast or you want to offer live support to your customers, Froged is the best option.
Why? Because you have all the data of your customers, the previous conversations and all the events and attributes that you need to give them the best customer support 🤝.
7) Collect as much feedback as you can
It’s important to collect feedback to know more about your customers.
In Froged, we have implemented two strategies:
- The possibility to request your feature and see our roadmap. Inside the platform, we have activated a button where you can request the features that you need
- Slack community, as a Froged customer, you’ll join our slack community. There we collect a lot of feedback and we offer amazing content, free trials to our new features and special discounts
8) Track and analyze your KPIs
Customer support metrics measure the quality and speed of the help customers receive, and customer success metrics focus on the downstream business impact of retaining customers
In customer support, you need to know more about the process and if your team is performing well and in customer success, you have business metrics to track (MRR, ARR, ARPU, Churn) and the department will be in charge of growing that metrics
9) Convert your power users into promoters
You have to identify your “power users”. You have a power user if:
they know the value of your product, they are using frequently your platform/web and they are paying for that.
Find these power users, and make them part of your business as a promoter. They will love your product/service (even more) and you will get more customers 😄.